Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i get 7 miles per gallon..is that normal?i wish i could get more out of her

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what about those carbs?should i get them?will they give me better gas mileage and if so approx. how much better?any performance gains?

·
Registered
777 Posts
sorry,was implying ,what type of carbs,97-2000 use keihins,

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the carbs that are on the 03's are mikuni model# tm40 it has 440 main jets and 45 pilot jets p8 needle jet if that helps any

·
Registered
53 Posts
it all depends on various conditions [ie] snow conditions,temperture and rideing style aggressive or mellow and also sled size belt condition rider weight my uncle has a2001 sks700 twin he gets any where from 6.5 to 12.0 mpg that being powder to hard pack i myself run a670 summit ho both sleds have 1.75 paddles and they are about the same mpg

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my sled is the 03 sks 700 i ride on hard packed trails and usually the throttle is pinned except for blind corners and such

·
Registered
246 Posts
The only thing you can do if you ride with it to the bar all the time is to carry extra gas. [:D]

You could try running it just under wide open. I don't think that the last bit of throttle gives you that much more power but it relly eats the gas.

On my 700 MM I have gotten as good as 15 mpg on trails, but I have also gone through the 12 gal tank in 40 miles when ridding in deep snow and climbing hills.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts