Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gah, my sled is giving me crap. When im riding, doesnt matter what speed, my sled will just start to bog out, it randomly happens at any random time at any speed. Its just like the plugs are starting to foul up. Its bogging and you just punch it and it will kick in how it should. I checked the plugs they are perfect, i even put 2 new sets in there and ran it, i ran some hotter plugs in there i thought maybe that would help but its the same. I also thought maybe it was some water in the gas, i put iso-heet in there, ran it through same thing. Could it be something with the carbeurators?? help me this is really annoying. my sled is a 96 indy special xlt, 3200 miles. Thanks :(

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sounds to me like it could be your carbs need a cleaning. Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah same here, im only 16 and i really dont have much hands on experience, ill try running some carb cleaner in there, but if that wont help ill have to bring it in.

·
Registered
671 Posts
did u check ur clutches, is you r belt worn? there could be a couple of things that may need checkin in ur clutches

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont know a thing about the clutching, my mom will pay for it to get fixed at the shop so it doesnt really matter, i figure id see if i could fix it myself first, but if its something a 16 year old kid like myself cant fix then its gotta go in ha.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
If your genuinely interested in learning how to fix it up your self, go out and buy AAEN'S clutch book and carb book. About 20.00 each and worth every penny. You might still have to ask a few questions on here but I hate to see people like your self have to spend two or three hundred bucks at the dealer each time you have a problem.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Check your fuel filter. Don't waste your money on pour in the tank carb cleaner. If your carbs are dirty take them off and clean them. It's real simple. I don't think it's your clutch if you punch it and it accelerates your clutch is fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts