Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everone i could really use some help i have a polaris xlt indy and ive been haveing some troble with it when i punch the gas it well bog down right around 5000 or 5500rpm it idle's fine and ive slowly give it gas and it still bogs down but around 6000..ive cleaned the carbs from top to bottom and the only thing i found was that the choke plungers were stuck open so i broke them free and and orded new springs for them cuz they were kinda deformed so i hope that well fix my problem...i have new plugs and ive checked the fuel lines and the pump and there both good and ive checked the compression and all three cylinders are good...i hope its just an adjustment thing i could really use some help

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
When you have the carbs off to replace the springs, look in the ports for a cracked piston skirt.

you might also get some help out of cleaning the clutches.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just looked and theres no crack..i had it up on the stand and it still bugs down even with the track off the ground

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I think I am have found my prob I think my sled is running to rich what are some was I can lean it down???

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not forsure the guy I got the sled from said he had the carbs rebuilt so idk...is there away to check?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Getting a Manual would help-

·
Registered
323 Posts
kws82590 said:
I'm not forsure the guy I got the sled from said he had the carbs rebuilt so idk...is there away to check?
well a quick way is to pull your air box off and pull the throttle and see if they all move relatively at the sametime

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
update i got the new choke springs and i checked the throttle to see if they all move at same time and they do so i fired it up on the stand and let it warm up and same thing still bogs down...im out of ideas now...any other ideas? if not im thinking about selling it

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Did you check your pilot jets, this controls idle and first third of your acceleration.

http://www.mikuni.com/fs-tuning_guide.html

http://www.ehow.com/how_5040457_adjust-mikuni-carburetor.html

http://www.iwt.com.au/mikunicarb.htm

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the links im checking them now...i beleave the sled is boging down cuz its geting to much gas the reason i think this is because when i pull the pulgs off there soked with gas and ive pulled the plug at the bottom of the cylinder and gas comes out even if i just drained it before starting it

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i just got back from rideing my sled out on the lake and it had great pick up but once it got up to about 50 mph and 6000 rpm and bugs...any ideas?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so i just got back inside from looking at the sled and the clutch seems to be working fine..it seems like samething to do with the carb i think? it picks up real fast but once u get to about 5500 to 6000 rpm it starts boging down

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a polaris 500 classic with the same problem,i wasted the whole weekend looking at mine with different senarios with no luck ,exactly the same problems and i ttried everything ,i took it to a mechanic and will let you know what it was when i get it back ,it will cost me a few hundred but it might save someone on here that much again ..

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ya I've been working on my for the last 3 weeks and still can't fix it...I swear I've tryed allmost everthing in the box and have had no luck..well good luck I hope they find out what's wrong that way maybe I'll no were to look and can fix mine...thanks again keep me up to date

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
so just a quick update I finely fixed my sled it turns out I needed all new needles and seats I just took it out on the lake today and she was a dream! Toped out at 83 couldn't be happier...I do have a ? For u guys is there any power gain to put in bigger main jets if my sled is bone stock?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts