Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,my 96 600 xlt...seems to crank over very hard when its first started after a very cold evening...id doesnt do it all the time....just occasionally...im useing synthetic injector oil and my pump is adjusted to be on the mark when at full throttle. my sled has 5300 miles on it...it pulls hard but runs very welll with no abnormal enjine noises...im thinkin that the recoil is binding....or maybe a crank bearing?...any ideas? sled runs like a red rocket tho...very well....starts with one easy pull once yu get it going for the day..thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
Last year I was riding a Ski-doo 380 on a cold morning I could barly pul the rope with two hands .It allways started and there was nothing wrong with it .My buddy has a cat with 800cc elect start ,we had touse the starter and the rope to get it to turn . This year I have a yamaha 600 elect start on cold days I have to use the rope and two hands . I think you have nothing wrong .

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok willson,i was concerned because my friend has a similar sled...and he says his doesnt crank over hard....just thought i would check with the forum because there is so much great info here...thanks for yure opinion!!!

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
well if you think about even cars crank over hard after sitting in very cold nights.the oil that is left in the crankcasegets thicker when very cold. it should be fine

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Pull the engine over slowly a couple of times before starting, this will loosen up the parts before making them run at 3000 RPM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts