Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking at a deck bed and thinking to myself i can make one of these right at the shop does anyone have one any pics they might have to show me and could it be used on a 6 foot box how are they held on ex.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
should be able to do, i w uld imagine you would have to build a frame to bolt to your truck frame, are you gonna make it so it can tip and slide? this would mean ALOT of work,,, i thought about doing this myslef and after a while i started adding things up, i could build a nice 4p trailer for cheaper then i could build one of these for..

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
teamarctic14 said:
well i have a bed off a spare trailer i dont see why i cant work from that
well i imagind you want it to tip and slide? if thats the case, to get it back up onto ur truck you r gonna need winches or hydrolics, (depending how much effort and work you would like to do [beatup]

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yup thats what i was thinking i would just use a steel deck but i can make a ramp and i can pull my light weight trailer too

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I've put my sled in the back of my truck with a 6 foot box, and honestly I'd rather just use a trailer. However, maybe I'll make one of those for a project in welding.

Anyways, if you do want to do that with steel odds are it will add at least half your sleds weight. If you can do aluminum I would go that route but steel is probably cheaper and much easier to weld. So it's a catch 22, guess it's your call.

·
Registered
443 Posts
nice vid thats a pretty good idea

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
There are many guys who have built them on Snowest and Backcountry rebels. If you have a 1/2 ton pickup you're going to need at a minimum air bags or overload springs, and most guys suggest to only run decks on 3/4 or 1 ton pickups.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i work at a steel shope so i can get whatever i want but just trying to get some info and ideas and i would be putting it on this truck 201071310551850_26572.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts