Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in the process of building a high-rise deck for the back of my truck and just wondering if anyone else has one or has made one for a short box truck. Im gonna be hauling aronud a 136" sled and just concerned about the amount it is going to stick off. So if anyone has used a short box truck with a deck for a long track id love to know how it worked. Thanx

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nobody has hauled a long track sled in a short box truck????

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I have hauled one in the back just not on a deck.
I put my ramp underneath it and tie it foward.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Ive used a short box truck to haul sleds a few times. My fathers S-15 had my M in back and has also had a Formula 136" in back. A little sticks out over but nothing too bad. Once its strapped in it never moves.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Actually up here, most trucks are setup like that. Just don't cut the deck off at the tailgate. Extend it a foot or so farther back. Build the supports so the tailgate will close. Then depending on how long your sled is, it might hang off the end just a bit.
I could dig through my pics for a good shot if that will help, but really, you should have no problems.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
k cool thanx, i didnt think i would have a problem the deck is already built and sits inside the box so the tailgate can close, sits about an inch lower then the tailgate so the sled will sit on the tailgate. Hopefully i get the ramp made this weekend so i can try it out

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
This is what I have used for the last 5 years, I have a new, lighter design built for this year.
[attachment=23452]
[attachment=42956]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
a 136 track is nothing to worry about. not to much longer than a 121. its when you start to get in the 151+ range is when your sled is realy going to hang over. but even then it will work. Happyfast79 on this site used to haul his 97 rmk 151 in the back of his ol shortbox chevy with a tool box that sits on the trucks bed and the tail gate up. Now I wouldnt have put the tail gate up but it worked. now he has a cummins flatbed with an 8 foot bed. the sleds will stay on but my 159 hangs off about 3 feet. it will soon be a 10 foot bed.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I'm thinking along the same route, so any pics would be appreciated.[:)]

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool should be good then, hey HAMMY ill probly post some pics up after the weekend, it should be all finished up and ready to use this weekend

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
My dad just has a pickup with a flatbed in the back. We can fit 2 sleds comfortabley if they are horizontal or vertical with the truck. Good luck with the project though!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Just remember the red flag if anything is hanging out. Seems silly, but some cops enjoy busting chops over the stupidest things.
Tie a red flag to the rear bumper of your sled to keep the bacon away.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Originally posted by TheKuskokid
[br]Just remember the red flag if anything is hanging out. Seems silly, but some cops enjoy busting chops over the stupidest things.
Tie a red flag to the rear bumper of your sled to keep the bacon away.
I think it is anything over 3 feet out of the back. Even so better be safe then sorry.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ya good idea, they arent quite that strict in canada i dont think, ive never seen a flag on a sled before so haha. might somehow rig up a rear tailight to put on the back of the sled though to hook up when its on the truck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts