Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with them pipes on that sled you should be in the 150 hp range are you not. the first time i got to put my ponies against another machine was a blast to say the least. i had all of 50 miles on the xcr and was going into town, i was making a hard slow left turn to get on the river and a 670ho came blowing by, i thought now is as good of time as any so i canned it. speedo shoots to 115, and my reach just got longerlol, in a split second i was at his side, the look on his face was priceless, like were in the world did you come from, the power just makes you laugh. you are going to have such a rush on the trails.

nothing goes like three holes!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
yeah I hope so too. Oh well it will be fun enough the first time we grass drag and blow everybody's doors in. And yes Bender claims 153 HP with the pipes. I think we will rejet for grass drags wouldn't be surprised if we are puting out more like 157+ when we race. With my 130lbs piloting that thing will be nasty to say the least. Prolly gonna regear for grass too. Tell ya what that thing will eat up 500 feet in a split second :)

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Sled_Dog:
With my 130lbs piloting that thing
[/quote]

130 lbs? don't you eat?

j/k

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I actually lost about 7 pounds this summer from working. I was 140 at the beginning of summer but with the temperatures and hours I worked I lost 7-9 pounds.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Just given ya some rib shots...

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Glad to see I can joke around with you...

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you might need to get a set of wiehgt lifting straps, the ones that go on your wrists and you wrap them around the handle bars, as long as you are squeezing them they stay on.lol

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Yeah its usually a sled length or two faster with me compared to my dad who has like 100-120 lbs on me. Everyonce and a while he says he hurt his back and sits back and lets me run :).

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i had bouth this xcr because i wanted more trail power. my xc proved to me that the xtra 10 was a good skid i just wanted power i never thought about lake running i am debating of getting a 180 kit, its a lot of money but could be fun.

at least your dad let you get the pipes and parts and lets you and or helps you race, it is a lot of fun i wish i would have started 12 years ago.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Well the sled is his and the pipes are his and he loves to race :). I don't presently have a sled. I just gonna race his and prolly borrow it for a few trips with friends this winter.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
lol what a mooch.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nothing wrong with that. you are young, its better to not have than to have on loan at your age, it sounds dumb but it makes life a lot easier. my kids will not have there own unless they can pay cash for toys , i will let them use my stuff,

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Well I must say that I know exactly where madcow is coming from. My dad told me that I couldn't take out a loan on a car because I was too young and I thank him for that. Paying for gas is more than enough expenses for me cause I only work for like 2 months all year and some weekends. In winter I don't work at all and I have to pay for my own sled, gas, oil and repairs. And I must say that if I had to pay a couple hundred bucks a month on something else I would have to quit sledding, hockey and anything else that is fun to work to pay for it.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts