Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it is a 96 xcr 600 with a 700 motor swap so i think it is a twin? it also a 136 track and a extra track and a two place trailer 1,000 obo? i was thibk 900 cash fri am ? any thoughts? here is the link http://nh.craigslist.org/rvs/2078644663.html

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
From what I understand is it is the 680 engine, which is a triple.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he said the engine is out of a ultra 700? i know the xcr are triple and the xc is twin dont know much about the ultras or other older polaris sleds i def dont want a tripel for her but i might get it and flip it keep the trailer

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i am thinking of just geting to flip and keep trailer and extra track for my sled 136 rear skid track out of rmk and low miles clean i will post pics once i get it!!! i will flip it try to find a ski doo 83 or a indy 500 something like that

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
ya i would buy it anyway, except i dont like that style, they look weird to me, but i think its worth the money easy, would be fun to have a triple just to ride around once and a while

your sled is only a 136? looks more like a 144 to me. [dunno]

·
Registered
848 Posts
I'd think she'd want a prettier one haha

(500th post :))

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah my 900 is a 136 it has a 2 in paccle on it so it might look bigger? and yes of course she wants a nicer looking sled that is who it goes but i will pick it up for the trailer and the extra track and sell maybe keep as extra sled who knows agree not the slickest looking sled

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Several things wrong with that add...

The sled is NOT a 96 XCR600, the 96 XCR600 is a Wedge chassis.

That trailer is an 8'x8' trailer, the skid is already hanging off the back with a 136.

Look closely... If the trailer is rusted out underneath, or the sled is beat up, I'd pass..

Make sure they have paperwork.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
that is a 96 xcr600sp the first year for that agressive body, and there was also a wedge xcr in 96. stupid polaris for calling two diffrent sleds the same name.

He says its a 2 place but you wont fit 2 newer sleds on that trailer.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Ooops, missed the sp.

There was also no ultra 700 in 97, it was a 680. Wasn't till 98 they went to 700...

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
"Long track conversion" ????
Can hardly call that 133" track on that sled a "longtrack" Not to mention it's not from an RMK. That suspension in it is the old 8-incher with 133" length, Which is a downgrade from the stock Xtra 10.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hey mod, just give yer ladie yer sled and YOU ride that thing!!!hahahahaha

My wife would kill me if I let her ride a piece of $hit! You know what they say, happy wife, happy life!!!!!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
it may not be an xtra-10 or out of an RMK but its got to be 136", look how it sticks of past the snowflap

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
dodgetruck2 said:
it may not be an xtra-10 or out of an RMK but its got to be 136", look how it sticks of past the snowflap
the 133 also has a tunnel extension that sticks out past the stock 121 tunnel. the 136 wasn't introduced until 97/98 and it was only on the xtra 10. the suspension in the picture is a 133" standard 8 inch.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
dodgetruck2 said:
the 133 also has a tunnel extension that sticks out past the stock 121 tunnel. the 136 wasn't introduced until 97/98 and it was only on the xtra 10. the suspension in the picture is a 133" standard 8 inch.
ok but it sticks out past the snowflap even with the tunnel extesion is the point i was making

we got a 133 and it doesnt stick out past the snowflap

·
Registered
278 Posts
those rotax 583 were good reliable engines. I think it was smart of you to pass on that xcr. go for the ski doo as long as the price is right

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i got it for 900 it has 4500 on it has 130 psi each cyl. i think the oil injection line is to rich there is a little blow past if you put your hand under exhaust, but like it said the comp test was at 130 psi?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts