Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I Have A 2000 XCF 440, and I could average a good 90mph on the sled, and then I brang it into the shop for a tune up, and the guy said I was running arctic cat jets...so he switched them to polaris ones... (so he says) and now I can only average 60mph tops.... would anyone know the prob? or have a listin of what jets to use for a polaris...

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Is this a trick question?
Sure your sled isn't a 2001?
The reason I asked is because I looked up a 2000 XCF and came up empty.
There are no Polaris or Arctic Cat brand jets.The carbs are made by Mikuni for both brands and they would be Mikuni jets.There should be a jetting chart printed on the underneath side of the hood. Also if that sled did 90mph the speedo was way off. I'd say 70-75mph tops.

·
Registered
553 Posts
ACEXLT is right on the carb jet ? But on the speed I do believe that it should do upper 80's for speed not 70-75. My old 1980 txc 340 will hit just shy of 70 on a flat hard packed trail. I also had a 440 that did just over 80 and the speedo must be right because my 80 txc I clocked against a indy 500 and a skidoo formula and all of us came up the same. 68-69 mph.

·
Administrator
1998 XCR 440
13,109 Posts
2000 XCF = racer available only.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
how does the sled run for idle midrange and on the trail does it load up to were she starts to run like crap in the tight trails until you can open it up for a few seconds.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
dudes, keep in mind that this is a FAN cooled sled... So i'd say 80mph tops, more likely 70-75 max.

I rode with a couple 02 440 sno-pro fans, they went like a bat out of hell to 60, but even me in my sled was able to fly by them on the long lakes.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Your right if its a fan than 80 would be top if lucky. But still a very good sled. Less headaches and problems to worry about. Mine run in 50 degree weather and I never had a problem. So i would say if you want reliability and not worried about going 100 (like me), then the fans are a great sled.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
The jetting alone should not cause a 30 mile an hour difference something else is wrong. take it back. They are screwing with you.Tell him to show you the difference between polaris and artic cat jets because you want to explain it to the better business bureau.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I Think it also might be my clutch...cuz yeah, 30 mph diff is quite abit just for the jettings... oh well, not like their is alot of places to open it upto 90mph here anyways lol...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh and another thing, When I take off, if its on idle, and I pin it, it kinda bogs down, then revs high.... but if I keep on the throttle, givin it like 3 grand... and pin it, it has a quick pickup.. no bog or anything... what would that be caused from? clutch?

·
Administrator
1998 XCR 440
13,109 Posts
Just like I said on MSN, my Pro X does that, and every other US Built twin I've ridden. Don't gotta worry about it. [:)]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts