Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past weekend my buddy Tyson and his dad Tim headed up to the Candle lake on their sleds on friday afternoon about 2pm to spend the weekend riding the rally there. They headed up on the same trail they always do and have rode at least a million times.

Tim was leading doing about 40mph on a long straight that ends in a corner and then snakes back along the edge of the lake in some of the thickess bush you have ever seen and the trail is only as wide as the groomer. He came around the corner to find the groomer coming the opposite way and didn't have enough time to stop, but tried to and ended up flipping the sled and getting pinned between the groomer blade and his sled as it slid into the groomer. He broke his femur in three places, broke three ribs one punchering his lung, and smashed his face up pretty good.

He has had a few surgeries and is expected to fully recover.

A few seconds in either direction and the result would have been very different.

Thought I would just mention it to everyone to be safe out there for the rest of this season and for every future season you plan on being part of this great sport.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Effing OUCH!!!!

Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I wish him well and hopefully a very speedy recovery.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Glad to hear he will make a full recovery!

[thumb]Stories like this serve as a good reminder for us of how observant we must be while riding a trail that we share with others, including groomers!

·
Registered
695 Posts
That scares me everytime i groom the river valley where i live. I try to do that stretch on the weekdays or nights when there is less traffic. This is something that can happen very easily. Hope he turns out ok.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys his family appreciates it.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Thats where cummunicators come in handy....Most groomers have beacons or beepers on them....Lets you know they're on the trail.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
All the best to him & hi family while he recovers.
Those are some twisty trails up there.
I can see how it can happen.
Heads up everyone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts