Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought this sled lift from Sportsman's Guide. I've been wanting one for some time, didn't want to shell out $300 for it though. This is the cheapest I've seen them, wanted to share it with all that are interested. I've assembled the lift, it seems solid, have not put my sled on it yet. I ordered the wheel kit, it's back ordered though. Planning on storing my sled on this for the summer while I rip it apart (shocks, gearing, cleaning, etc)

Lift Kit

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
I had one of those ordered months ago. At that time, they were on back order for a month or more, so I canceled the order. I've seen them first hand at HayDays. They are not the most solid lift out there, but you're not paying $300 for one either, as you stated. I ended up getting a used homemade lift locally for $150, and it's twice the lift that one was, so I'm happy. Once you have a lift, you'll wonder why you went so long without having one!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, my back was hurting after last years rebuild and this years perc install and uninstall. The lift came in a week, wheels have been backordered for a month. Don't want to get the sled on it till I can move it around, I can wait though, I've got all summer.... I do hope it does not take that long though!

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
I snagged one off of craigslist for $150 used, in very good condition, with wheels, for $150... It's got the boat winch with cable instead of the twisty crank like that tho.

Worth every penny, many times over.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Ii recently picked one up from a guy in the next town over for 50 bucks. He built it himself and it is way sturdyer than the ones u see for sale online.

Ii recently picked one up from a guy in the next town over for 50 bucks. He built it himself and it is way sturdyer than the ones u see for sale online.

Plus he ditched the hand crank and fabed a thing for a drill to run it up.

I'd like to put some casters on it tho to make it more portable but worry about affecting the stability.

·
Registered
192 Posts
How good do the lifts work with quads? I'd like to get one but there's no point in getting a lift that can only do one thing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts