Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was readin' thru my owner's manual paying particular attention to the maintainence
schedule. There are a lot of things to do. I plan on at least checking out everything on the list. . . I was just wondering, how many of you out there actually perform "all" of the mfg. recommended items? Be Honest. Also, the manual mentions slide rail measurements to determine if replacement is necessary and recommends that it be done by a Dealer. Have any of you replaced them and how difficult is it to do?

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Well on my old sled, I know I didn't do all they recommended to do, but with my new one I plan to keep it up as best as I can.....want to keep it like new as long as possible! The slides can either be very difficult or easy, depending on the sled....

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!​

·
Administrator
13,091 Posts
I know I don't perform everything in my manual, mostly because I don't have a manual...

I always check my fluid levels before riding I check the sliders periodically, I grease the jackshaft & driveshaft bearings every 1000 miles and at the end of the season, I grease the suspension a couple of times a year, I check my clutches usually about once a week, chain tension, usually when I check clutches, VES valves, around every 4 to 500 miles...

And other stuff.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Variable Exhaust System. On late model engines this valve restricts the exhaust opening at low RPM creating extra back pressure that yields a better perfoming bottom end. It opens fully at WOT.

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
-----------------------------
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Administrator
13,091 Posts
What Bman said.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I'm pretty good about most things but I don't know a soul who does all of them.
as for the slide rails or hyfax. there easy to change.
(I think this was a topic in The Shop area)
Check it out.

Member #2 of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team

·
Registered
24 Posts
I do the normal stuff like everyone else mentioned but if at all possible when u grease it try to do it when it is above freezing so that if there is any water in the components it will drip out when the grease is pumped in. This is most important for the suspension.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I agree with kimba466 , might be new to sledding , but that manual is there for a reason. it has the information you need.trying to do all of it as specified, is almost impossible,but over a season there is alot you can do to " get away from the wife or kids, or family, since it is that time of year.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i always keep clutches clean and in good alignment,check hyfax and wear bars,all fluid levels,and track tension.i also wash and grease my sleds about every other time i ride.later rpm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts