Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 2003 xc 800 sp and when I was out riding yesterday my sled started to like bog out or something and it had no power so I pulled off to the side and let it idle and it idled at 500 rpm. So I waited a bit then it started to run back at 2000 rpm. Is that over heating

·
Registered
222 Posts
no? i dont think so. most of the time your temp light will come on. my freind has that same sled and we went riding here inMN on saturday and it was almost 40 degrees and his sled was running a little boggy. He hadnt cleaned his carbs for a couple seasons and due to that and hot weather a sled wont run too well. You ever notice how your sled runs amazing when its -10 and then kinda $hitty when its 40? theyre just not made for the warm weather becasue most the time when its warm you dont have as much snow misting up onto your heat exchan gers to cool the sled. how warm was it where you were riding?

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
the reasen a sled runs better when its cold is because its running leaner then it normally would, if I rode when its -10 id probly toast the top end on my sled.. nice brown plugs at about 20f... its all in the setup.

as far as the sled bogging and idle being low, I doubt it is due to over heating. if you over heated your sled and didnt pay attention to the light then you probly would have noticed when a ton of steam would come out the over flow.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
it could have been overheating and gone into limp mode. that would save your topend. when you shut it off it cooled down and then ran fine

·
Registered
282 Posts
polarisguy56 said:
Hi I have a 2003 xc 800 sp and when I was out riding yesterday my sled started to like bog out or something and it had no power so I pulled off to the side and let it idle and it idled at 500 rpm. So I waited a bit then it started to run back at 2000 rpm. Is that over heating
did the Temp light come on?

·
Registered
118 Posts
crdude said:
the reasen a sled runs better when its cold is because its running leaner then it normally would, if I rode when its -10 id probly toast the top end on my sled.. nice brown plugs at about 20f... its all in the setup.

as far as the sled bogging and idle being low, I doubt it is due to over heating. if you over heated your sled and didnt pay attention to the light then you probly would have noticed when a ton of steam would come out the over flow.
X2 on that. the tempa flow is a great fix for that. What happened the rest of your ride?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts