Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have a quick question, we need one more sled and i was thinking of a 98 indy 500 but i dont know how much they would cost and how they are. And i was hoping you guys would help. All we need a sled for is riding around the house and trail, and sometime in the ditches. I wouldn't want to spend more then 1500 on another sled.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I had one. it always ran. never a problem. Other than a bog that they are WELL KNOWN for! but it's not that bad at all. well worthy of miles in the 5 digits. great sleds. And in the US id say $1000 tops.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
You can pick those up for $800 all day long here. Go to Hay Days and pick up a newer MXZ or Edge for 1500 and under.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Parts for 1998 indy 500 are commonplace. As Jesse said, don't pay more than a grand for it. 1998 seems to be one of the more popular years of the 500 Fuji. My brother rides one, I had one two years ago, Me and my brother each rode different ones several years back, and in the last couple years my old man has bought 2 or three to part them out. Mad-Boondocker has one. Wonderful sled. xtra10 front and rear! Crappy Nitrex shocks, but sometimes you will see them with Fox upgrades.

The Evolved chassis' biggest shortcoming was front bumper design. It had a plastic covering on earlier years that ALWAYS got cracked, But I believe Polaris put the aluminum bumpers on them by '98. The great thing about the evolved chassis were the relocation of handwarmer switch to the handle bar and the side panels; easy to service clutches and chaincase.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sledcrusher said:
You can pick those up for $800 all day long here. Go to Hay Days and pick up a newer MXZ or Edge for 1500 and under.
Ya thats what i wanted like a 01 or 02 Edge or MXZ but i didnt you could get them that cheap. Max my dad would want to spend is $2000 bucks on a 01 or 02. Which i think is pretty good for a summer sell and not being able to test drive it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts