Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have these 2 old john deer 440 cyclones sitten around, and i was thinken of makin it into a quad for the summer, like strip off the track and put a sprocket on either side of the rear bogey, then getin a long chain and hooking the chain 2 the front sprockets to those rear sprockets, then just putting sum lawnmower wheels on the ski's, do u think it would be possible?

·
Registered
671 Posts
It maby would but i i think it would be alot of work. I've seen an Indy Storm with wheels in the back, no track. That thing was really sweet lookin to, i think i have a pics but i gotta do osme lookin. It sold on ebay for 3000 bucks or somthin.

Ride it like you stole it!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am just wondering what size tires 2 put on it, if i went with big quad tires i think i would have trouble keeping the chain together, and i think i will have 2 make it the mid bogey that way the chain wouldnt have 2 be quite as long.

·
Registered
671 Posts
where do you plan on putting the wheels, inside the tunnel or what?

Ride it like you stole it!

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I have been thinking about taking our 650 Wild Cat engine outo f the chassis it is in and dropping it in either a 4 wheeler or a custom made frame.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would have 2 put the outside the running boards because the i would have more balence, but what size tires do u think? Also when i take off the front track sprockets and put some old dirt bike sprockets on how many teeth, i have a 56 tooth, do u think that would work?

·
Registered
506 Posts
DUDE, don't waste a cyclone doing that!!! 20:1 my dad will want to buy ATLEAST 1 of the 2, he's a JD freak and wants one for racing. If yer interested in selling one or both, Email me at [email protected] , I'll see if my dad is interested, but he's always talking about how great it would be if he had a cyclone to race.

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts