Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help trying to figure out why my sons 03 f5 Firecat has noticeable tilt to the pto side.

The sled has no chassis damage and never been hit hard, all suspension adjustments are equal front and back (torsion springs, spring heights, limiter strap).

I've tried a number of things to troubleshoot this ...including swapping front springs...replacing torsion spring slides and making sure everything is adjusted equally. But nothing seems to straighten it out. I didn't swap front shocks thinking that springs are what controls ride height and shocks control rebound.

Thinking one of the Arctic Cat experts here may have had the same problem and was able to figure it out.
Any ideas appreciated.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Maybe adjust the PTO side to be set a little stiffer???

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That did run through my mind....but if it isn't a weak spring I was thinking it would negatively affect the ride quality.
.....But on the other hand if that does straighten it up, it will help me pinpoint where the weakness is. (if there is any).

Thanks for the thought !

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
addrenjunky said:
Did you check the shock? sounds like the problem to me.

Nope...but I'm gonna, my thought earlier was that the spring controls the ride height more than the shock does, and feel like a dumbass for not switching shocks when I swapped out the springs ....lol
This time I'll just swap the whole assembly.

Thanks.

But in my defence....I did manually compare the shock compression on both and they seemed to be equal, but I guess it would be different under the weight of the sled ??

·
Registered
1 Posts
i changed out my std shocks for new fox zero pro shocks spring and piggybacked i changed them out because my front was sagging to the brake side but it still sags now
does anybody have an idea what might be the problem?

·
Registered
591 Posts
my 03 sno pro 440 does the same thing, make sure all of your bolts for the braces are tight, having my shock recharged helped also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts