Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i just got this sled used about a month ago. its an 02 Zr 800 EFI cross country. now that ive got snow to take it for a test ride it seems to be cutting out almost all the time at 4k right around when the clutch starts to engage. i already did the throttle safety wire elimination by breaking off the center pin in that connector, and i got the new plastic shims for the throttle lever. so where do i start from here. this is my first time trying to deal with an efi sled and im kinda clueless.

·
Registered
1 Posts
NHRedneck said:
hey guys, i just got this sled used about a month ago. its an 02 Zr 800 EFI cross country. now that ive got snow to take it for a test ride it seems to be cutting out almost all the time at 4k right around when the clutch starts to engage. i already did the throttle safety wire elimination by breaking off the center pin in that connector, and i got the new plastic shims for the throttle lever. so where do i start from here. this is my first time trying to deal with an efi sled and im kinda clueless.
[/quote

NHRedneck said:
I have a 99 ZL-500 and I'm having the same problem, I replaced the stator once already and awaitng on the second one! You might try ohming the stator to see what your resistance readings are. I'm not shure what your ohm reading should be at since my sled is diffrent size , but its a start!

·
Registered
203 Posts
i've read a lot of other post like this and it usually came down to the stator!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts