Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was messing aorund on my sport 440 today and it was running perfect. So I shut it off and my friend wanted a ride back to his sled so i fired it up and it seemed like it was running on 1 cylinder. So we checked compression and spark and they were ok. Do you guys know whats up with the dang thing?

·
Registered
144 Posts
lol change the spark plugs one is fouled probably. was spark different on one cylinder?

·
Registered
741 Posts
ive seen a few sleds that run on one and two (tripples) cylinders because of a blown head/base gasket..not saying thats it, but something id check. also id check the carbs and make sure that cylinder is getting fuel

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vamped400 said:
ive seen a few sleds that run on one and two (tripples) cylinders because of a blown head/base gasket..
Would it start smoking extra if the head gasket went bad? Because it did smoke a little xtra but not a ton of smoke

·
Registered
144 Posts
if it is only running on one cylinder it will make more smoke cause its buring excess fuel.

·
Registered
144 Posts
a lot of the carb sleds will foul if it is cold and they get too much fuel when starting them. choke to much maybe? lots of slow pulls. how many times did you pull it over the last time before it seemed bad?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
98zr600le said:
a lot of the carb sleds will foul if it is cold and they get too much fuel when starting them. choke to much maybe? lots of slow pulls. how many times did you pull it over the last time before it seemed bad?
O that explains why then i held the choke out for about 45 seconds when i first started it because it seemed really cold. but right before it went bad i only pulled it once and it fired

·
Registered
144 Posts
ya in that my 02 z 440 used to foul a lot when it was pulled slow by my mom and stuff. now i never foul them, full choke, start it. give it gas. shut choke off. keep rpms at about 1500 if it wants to die hit the choke a little and bring it back. do that til the sled runs on its own.should never foul again.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
98zr600le said:
ya in that my 02 z 440 used to foul a lot when it was pulled slow by my mom and stuff. now i never foul them, full choke, start it. give it gas. shut choke off. keep rpms at about 1500 if it wants to die hit the choke a little and bring it back. do that til the sled runs on its own.should never foul again.
Ok thanks a lot for the help!

·
Registered
144 Posts
no problem. but if spark was good on both cylinders that may not be it. more than likely that will fix your problem. good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts