Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[kboom]Ok here it goes I got an 01 mountain cat 800 carb sled the motor blew up a few years back. Well this year I found a new motor for it out of an 02 ZR 800 EFI the guy sent every thing with the motor complete wiring for the sled, ECM, throtle bodies, air box, seat and gas tank with fule pump in it. I mean every thing. So I now have it installed in the sled but the sled will not run it starts but wont run. I believe every thing is pluged in right and all my grounds are hooked up.
The sled fires and runs for a sec maybe 2 back fires out the exhaust and dies.
One more thing I'm not sure if this has any thing to do with it none of the lights come on.
You know how when you pull on your sled the lights kind of flicker well they don't do that.
All the lights worked the last time the sled ran.
I'm thinking maybe a bad voltage regulator.
Thanks for any and all help

·
Registered
519 Posts
well it sounds as if its not getting enough fuel as in fuel filters being clogged, if i remember correctly those efi cats have 2 different pick ups in the tank and both of them have built in screens in them, check there first and then if anything double check all your wiring and the basics of a running motor, its got to be something simple, it usually is..

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well tonight I checked the valves in the tank they are fine. I'm getting gas all they way to the fuel rail.
Next thing I would like to do is check the injectors I'm just not sure on how. Besides just pulling the fule rail and watching for a spray. Only problem is I'm not sure how much they should spray?

·
Registered
519 Posts
um well each injector should end up with just a spurt of gas when the pump first comes on, hard to say exactly cause i dont know what size injectors uve got. another thing to keep in mind is that it does have sensors for air flow one of them is in the air box so just double check that its a. connected and b. air box has enough air going through it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well since time was a factor the sled got hauled into a dealer to have them fix it turns out the key way on the crank was twisted. So far sled runs good

·
Registered
519 Posts
ya that would have made the timing way too far off to run corectly and with those efi sleds they usually run off the flywheel timing to tell it when to fire off fuel let alone the ignition timing being off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts