Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, another question for you, the sled I want to buy were in storage in a heat garage for about 2 year.

If the guy doesnt oil it properly before storage can this be dangerous for the motor, A friend of mine seize is motor after the piston ring rust in the cylinder!!!

thanks for all your advise,
and sorry for my english, im french and I do my best,
mario

[green]My blood will turn to green next week[/green]

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hey Mario, Hopefully the owner at least fogged the motor. If the shop had a constant temperature there should not have been to much moisture condensation. But I would have a look in the cylenders any way. Bring a light, spring puller[vise crips will work] and mirror. Look down the spark plug holes, and pull off the pipes and look up the exaust ports to see any damage or rust. You'll probable have to close the hood a little to get the last pipe off, its a tight fit, at least on my 97 I have to. Once you purchase it, if you do, I would change all the fluids before doing any riding. Also clean the carbs and replace the main jets. Some times its hard to tell if the jets are clean so I would just buy new ones. Don't worry they are cheap. Stock main jets are 370 but you can go down the size if everything is stock and not hurt anything.
I hope you enjoy your 98 zrt 600 as much as I did mine.

"tie wrap it wide open"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts