Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned polaris , artic cat, and yamaha, sleds. I am looking for a sled that can take jumps, is has good power to play off trail ( like going up small vertical hills and play in some ditches) and still has a comfortable suspension.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Well like my handle says i luvemall, but it sounds like you could use a 5 or 600 ZR.the suspension is second to none they both have verry good power and love to be thrown around on or off the trail.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Maybe look at a Ski-Doo Renegade 700, or a Polaris 700 SKS. Both sleds are very on and off trial worthly...don't see any problems with jumps either. The renegade comes with a 136x1.5 I believe, and the sks a 144x1.25.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey i wood go with a skidoo mxz 500 or 600. They have great acceleration and have a sweet suspension. They are also light to jump with.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ride every sled you can possibly get your hands on. Beg if you have to. Thats the only way you can make an informed decision on buying a sled "built for the way you ride".

I think the AC ZLs handle great. IMHO I think that the Cats generally need to be serviced more often than any of the other big three with certain exceptions. I ride Polaris because I like the # of available suspension adjustments and are relatively more dependable than AC. I am not fond of tripples or any of the ski-doo chassis with the exception of the REV which I have never ridden.

Again I repeat, ride as many as possible. Tell the sled owners that you think their ride looks great and generally flatter the snot of them. Then tell them you are thinking about buying one like theirs and would they PLEASE let you give theirs a test run.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Hey...definitly drive all you can...my 2 "sense" is a SD MX-Z/X 440 or a Pol XCR 440. Lite, quick, comfy, and did I mention lite??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts