Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my sled back together, and running very good, but have a problem, the kill switch does not work. I thought no problem, I will switch my other one on, still does not work. There is a black wire coming off of the cdi with a white stripe on it, with a white plug, What does this plug into? I cannot find another wire that would plug into it.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
That's the killswitch plug (single black wire with a round clear/white plug). The only way to kill the engine with that unplugged is to pull the spark plug boot off. But if I remember right, it comes from the stator/mag, not the CDI. It plugs into the wire harness right near the recoil (with the matching round clear/white plug).

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Thats your kill wire there should be a black wire in the harness that it plugs into. Its seperate from the white plug that plugs into your engine(mag/stator) but should be near it

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will have to dig around and find that wire in the harness, where does the wire that it plugs into go? I had the airbox off, so I just put my hand over two carbs, and pulled the choke.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
It goes to your kill switch and ignition switch... the wires on the other side of those switches goes to ground to kill the motor...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts