Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my sled all apart to clean it over the summer and finally got it put together and I started it up and it refuses to idle. It winds up just past engagement and I can't figure out why.

First i thought maybe i didn't have the cable adjusted right so i kept turning it looser and looser and now its all the way loose and it was still high. Then I went into my carbs and found I had changed the jets back to flatland specs but not the needles. So i changed them and it still ran high. Now if I remove the throttle cable out of the bracket it will run right but it pulls the slides up a good 1/4 inch if attached.

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
After you turned it looser and looser, was there still tension on the cable where it attaches to the carbs? Did your routing change somehow?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya its still tight. I tried re routeing it and stuff but havent had any luck.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Isn't there some screw that you tighten or lossen to adjust idle speed? I recall my friend's sled having that problem. At idle it woul idle up by 3800-4000 with stock clutches. They adjusted this screw and everything was ok. I don't know much else about itother than that it apparently exists.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya thats the first thing I did but it didn't improve it at all. Im starting to think I have bad crank seals or the gaskets on the case are bad. Im gonna go out there later with a can of carb gleaner and shoot it around and if that is the case I probably wont be riding this year but if it isn't that I am at a loss.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Dekk70 said:
Ya thats the first thing I did but it didn't improve it at all. Im starting to think I have bad crank seals or the gaskets on the case are bad. Im gonna go out there later with a can of carb gleaner and shoot it around and if that is the case I probably wont be riding this year but if it isn't that I am at a loss.
clutch bearing maybe?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Dekk70 said:
Sorry, all I could think of.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts