Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 ZR 600, last year on the trail it started running funny, it was revving faster than normal, had to fight to keep it running. Then it quit no spark, could not get it to fire. We unplugged killswitch still nothing. Stator tested good, but we put a different one in sarted but only would run when choked. I took it to the local dealer, had the carbs cleaned, and they replaced parts on the kilswitch, fuel filter. And it still wiould not run right, they told me a stator issue, so we put another stator in it, It will run and start on choke take choke off have to fight to keep it running. It will sometimes only run on one cylinder, one side or the other. What is the next step to take? Cdi box coils,timing senser any suggestions please let me know, would like to ride yet this year, Thanks Dwayne

·
Registered
101 Posts
fuel pump?
sounds like a fuel problem either way. maybe the dealer missed something with the carbs when they cleaned them.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Next step? Find a new dealer. They should not let it go out until they figure out what is wrong. WTF, don't they like to sell parts?

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
if it will only run with the choke and was revving higher then normal like you said sounds like you have a lean condition to me. a trick to find a leaky seal is take some ether and start the sled. spray it at the seal by the clutch and around the base. if it revs up you have a bad seal. ide check those things and check the compression. let us know what you find

1 - 4 of 4 Posts