Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1993 xlt wont start when it is worm not cold but not hot. What could the problem be?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Low compression. Could be time for a re-ring.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NO NO NO better not be. Just did a rebuild 120 miles ago. It seams its not getting gas. I have to Choke it and hold it full throttle

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Just rebuilt mine and its doing the exact same thing. im in the same boat as you...

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
littlemel said:
NO NO NO better not be. Just did a rebuild 120 miles ago. It seams its not getting gas. I have to Choke it and hold it full throttle
I usually have to go to half-choke when it's just a little warm. How does it start when it's cold (after siting for a day or two)? Then when it's hot? Sounds like a carb problem to me.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Some sleds you just have to crack the throttle a bit while starting it, my RMK does it, my SRX does it, our Summitt does it. Everything is fine on those sleds, it doesnt take much throttle, just a crack. Give that a shot.

·
Registered
591 Posts
could be your fuel pump, as the compression gets lower, there is less air coming through the pulse line to operate the diaphrams in the fuel pump.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Air mixture screw..

When the engine is warm it needs less fuel. When it's cold you need the choke.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hangman said:
littlemel said:
I usually have to go to half-choke when it's just a little warm. How does it start when it's cold (after siting for a day or two)? Then when it's hot? Sounds like a carb problem to me.
When it is cold it starts excellent 2-4 pulls, Hot it takes 1 pull. I will try to just crack the throttle next time I ride. Thanks everyone

·
Registered
232 Posts
ive had it happen to me but i dont need a choke but does take a few pulls and strts out at a very low rpm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts