Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my sled out for the first time Saturday ran perfect all day , then came to start it Sunday morning and nothing ? theres no spark?
what can it be the coil ? stator ? how would i check for whats wrong with it ? also noticed the night before that the lights would go really low then would come back bright, not too sure if its caused by the same thing but any input would be nice! And the sled is a 2000 SKS 700.
thanks Paul
Happy new year

·
Registered
123 Posts
my 01 6oo coil went last night no spark on mag side. taht could be your spark issue. i might be your voltage regulator

·
Registered
351 Posts
I had the same problem with my wifes 00' 600 RMK I just turned the key off then back on started it back up and has been fine since. Dont know where the glitch was but that was what fixed her sled might try it and see if it helps.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Originally posted by indy5rider
[br]Took my sled out for the first time Saturday ran perfect all day , then came to start it Sunday morning and nothing ? theres no spark?
what can it be the coil ? stator ? how would i check for whats wrong with it ? also noticed the night before that the lights would go really low then would come back bright, not too sure if its caused by the same thing but any input would be nice! And the sled is a 2000 SKS 700.
thanks Paul
Happy new year

does it have a Face shield plug in? Or maybe a outted tailight? replace light and remove face shield plug This should help with the light dimming crap and for the spark Get some new plugs drop a shot of gas in the carb and she should be runnin [8D]could be the stator as well my brothers 98 formula ran from the shop to the truck i turned it off and it wouldnt start again had to get a new stator

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it does have a face shield? but why would that have anything to do with it tho ? never did it before! and yes i tried putting gas new plugs everything then checked for spark and nothing so now im stuck trying to figure out how to the check the stator or coil ? can i test it or what ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
mm not if you dont have the right tool, not sure what it is but you connect it to the stator or wire or something give it a few pulls and it reads ur voltage and stuff best off taking it to a dealer or small parts mechanic he will have one

·
Registered
160 Posts
sounds like a stator or fly wheel and maybe a short for the light problem. To check yrou stator get the ressitance's from the dealership check them that happend to me on my 96 xlt the fly wheel magnets came unglued and shorted out my stator. If both holes are dead if only one is dead its probaly a coil could be a cdi box too

·
Registered
502 Posts
try just unplugging the connector on the ignition switch.. don't know if it's relevant, but my old 86 pantera 440 had no spark because the ignition switch $hit out.. worth a try.. also check for bared up wires..

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i got a new voltage regulater that was for the lights , and we put in a new/used CDI unit seems too run good , will go for a good ride tomorow , thanks for the help !!!
Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts