Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off if you're going to give me an answer can you let me know where you got the info from? I'm not trying to question the legitimance (SP) of your info, but for future reference for me.

While I was working in the shop today we were talking about the sleds in there and we had different opinions on HP numbers on some of these sleds.

2008 IQ 600RR (my sled) - 120 hp?
1996 XLT 600 - ?
2000 Skidoo Grand Touring 800 - ?
199? skidoo 583
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,016 Posts
According to this sheet we have that tells a bunch of specs on xlt's and xcrs, the 96 xlt 600 is around 90 and the xlt 600 sp has 92hp. I would assume your 600 has right around 115-120.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,786 Posts
My buddy had a dyno sheet from his 04 800, which if the 200 Doo 800 is the twin 800 HO, then it is 142 HP
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,922 Posts
Dragon700 said:
My buddy had a dyno sheet from his 04 800, which if the 200 Doo 800 is the twin 800 HO, then it is 142 HP
His wouldn't be an H.O. The motor in that sled probably puts out in more of the 135hp range. 03' was the 800 H.O. and then later on came the Ptek.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,279 Posts
125HP on your 600RR.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys.

sledcrusher said:
Dragon700 said:
My buddy had a dyno sheet from his 04 800, which if the 200 Doo 800 is the twin 800 HO, then it is 142 HP
His wouldn't be an H.O. The motor in that sled probably puts out in more of the 135hp range. 03' was the 800 H.O. and then later on came the Ptek.
Yeah and it's a triple.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,450 Posts
wakeboarderboy said:
First off if you're going to give me an answer can you let me know where you got the info from? I'm not trying to question the legitimance (SP) of your info, but for future reference for me.

While I was working in the shop today we were talking about the sleds in there and we had different opinions on HP numbers on some of these sleds.

2008 IQ 600RR (my sled) - 120 hp?
125 HP [/color=red]
1996 XLT 600 - ?
90 HP[/color=red]
2000 Skidoo Grand Touring 800 - ?
I'm not sure, is it a triple of twin?[/color=red]
199? skidoo 583
105 HP[/color=red]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,842 Posts
2008 IQ 600RR (my sled) - 120 hp? 125hp

1996 XLT 600 - ? 90ish hp

2000 Skidoo Grand Touring 800 - ? was this the single piped 800 triple? with a single pipe i would guess the 135 area. with factory triple pipes it would be a strong 150+hp.

199? skidoo 583 90ish hp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
madcow said:
2008 IQ 600RR (my sled) - 120 hp? 125hp

1996 XLT 600 - ? 90ish hp

2000 Skidoo Grand Touring 800 - ? was this the single piped 800 triple? with a single pipe i would guess the 135 area. with factory triple pipes it would be a strong 150+hp.

199? skidoo 583 90ish hp
Perfect. It has a single pipe. It's my boss's/supervisors sled he bought this weekend. they cam stock with triple pipes? He said something about triple can or something like that but when he showed me there's only one pipe and one can.

And he didn't believe me that my sled was 125 hp. Said it was Polaris's numbers and they rate them higher then they are. I said so does skidoo and arctic cat etc. but I'm not one to argue, he signs the pay cheque.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,842 Posts
he might be able to get stock machz pipes to fit in there? i cant see from a factory cost stand point that for such a limited sled they would make a completely different 800 triple than what they had. my best guess would be its a mild machz engine. find jaws or crankshop aftermarket pipes and that thing would be a beast!

i would rather have your 480 lbs 125 hp sled to ride then his 600+ lb 135 hp sled,

his sled had the option i believe of air ride adjust rear suspension and a whole lot of luxury. kind of like cadilac and the corvete. in some years they shared the same basic engine, one was little less hp, very heavy but oh so nice to ride. the other had tons of power, point and shoot with some great cornering as well. but can get a little harsh on the body at the end of the day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,786 Posts
wakeboarderboy said:
madcow said:
2008 IQ 600RR (my sled) - 120 hp? 125hp

1996 XLT 600 - ? 90ish hp

2000 Skidoo Grand Touring 800 - ? was this the single piped 800 triple? with a single pipe i would guess the 135 area. with factory triple pipes it would be a strong 150+hp.

199? skidoo 583 90ish hp
Perfect. It has a single pipe. It's my boss's/supervisors sled he bought this weekend. they cam stock with triple pipes? He said something about triple can or something like that but when he showed me there's only one pipe and one can.

And he didn't believe me that my sled was 125 hp. Said it was Polaris's numbers and they rate them higher then they are. I said so does skidoo and arctic cat etc. but [highlight=red]I'm not one to argue, he signs the pay cheque.[/highlight=red]
Yes, sir you are correct. Yes, I was wrong. Ok, I will do that for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
madcow said:
he might be able to get stock machz pipes to fit in there? i cant see from a factory cost stand point that for such a limited sled they would make a completely different 800 triple than what they had. my best guess would be its a mild machz engine. find jaws or crankshop aftermarket pipes and that thing would be a beast!

i would rather have your 480 lbs 125 hp sled to ride then his 600+ lb 135 hp sled,

his sled had the option i believe of air ride adjust rear suspension and a whole lot of luxury. kind of like cadilac and the corvete. in some years they shared the same basic engine, one was little less hp, very heavy but oh so nice to ride. the other had tons of power, point and shoot with some great cornering as well. but can get a little harsh on the body at the end of the day.
Yup he's got the air ride suspension. Thanks for the info.

Dragon700 said:
wakeboarderboy said:
[highlight=red]I'm not one to argue, he signs the pay cheque.[/highlight=red]
Yes, sir you are correct. Yes, I was wrong. Ok, I will do that for you.

Hahaha [thumb] You know the drill.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top