Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do you replace track sliders on a 2001 skidoo mxz. they look easy but wont slide through the track

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Try making the track sloppy loose so you can hit the window at a 90 degree angle
It will be tight but should come through. Works on my cat never done it on doo but can't imagine it being any different.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
What I have done in the past is just what 2000TCMC siad. Make the track as loose as possible, line up a window with the end of the slider, remove holding nut and bolt from front, then gently with a sharpened piece of oak used as a chisel tap (the oak with a hammer) the edge of the slider toward the back. Once it gets past the window you can grab and pull with pliers. Before you put the new one on put a little antisieze compound on rail. It will make it easier to take off next time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Originally posted by gordiep
[br]how do you replace track sliders on a 2001 skidoo mxz. they look easy but wont slide through the track
You have to pull the rear suspension out , it wont fit out the windows...GABS

G

·
I just take it to the dealer and get new sliders. Sled and all. It only cost me about $8000 every year or so. LOL.

D

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
LMFAO @ D Noel.....good one.
Does that technique work with spark plugs too..... [;)]

G

·
Yes, this method works very well for spark plugs. I have never had to change a spark plug though. I just replace the slides and new plugs just come with the sled.

D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts