Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put slides on in the fall. just got the sled out yesterday. On the snow i found green shavings of plastic from the slide. I looked at both slides, the one is fine the other is carved all the way down in lines. My guess would be a clip that is bad and carving as it passes.? I rotated the track to look for the clip but did not see anything.track looks fine, not crooked, to tight or loose so....I dont know.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Is the track alined right? Was something stuck in the track like a rock, screw or Beer bottle cap u lost while workin on the sled?????

·
Registered
702 Posts
If youput new sliders on. They will wear down to the exact same thickness as your old ons with in a like a few rides.

Sliders only wear so far then that idler wheels take over. Really you only need to change them when you see the back of them wearing thin.

So in answer to your Q, I think they are jsut wearing off the excess plaastic. It will stop soon

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Originally posted by Rutagur
[br]Sliders only wear so far then that idler wheels take over. Really you only need to change them when you see the back of them wearing thin.
The front where the track first touches the hyfax will wear thin before any other spot. Check there first, if they're worn down too much there, replace them.

·
Registered
364 Posts
check you track clips if one or more are bad it will mess up you slieds

1 - 7 of 7 Posts