Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in the prosses of putin my rear suspension back to gether. i bought fox shocks and new springs for it. and i figured since i have it apart id have the rails powder coated right away.(Black)
which by the way looks sick.its been apart for 3 weeks. and i forgot how they where on. now im to the part where im goin to cut the slides to the right length and what not. but i need to know which way they go on? id the thicker part to the outside? or the inside?

ill get pix of it when its completed.

Thanx in advance,
N|ck

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
They can only fit on one way. They match the shape of the slides. If i remember right from my xcr the thick part goes inside.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Thick part goes outside. Make sure you get the hole in the right location also.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i agree with xcr440 thicker outside make sure hole is in the right spot

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
on mine there is an edge that stands up on one side, like a lip, probably the thicker part they talk about above. That goes on the outside edge, the screw goes on the front side of the rail and then just cut them to length.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
If these are the weird looking slides (profile 11) then they can only go on one way. Depends on what you mean as the thick part. Thick up and down or thick sideways.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes it is a profile 11. and i mean the part that sticks up high on one side and not the other.

the higher side, i meant as the thicker side. and the slides i bought have holes on each end. so i can make them go on either thicker side in or thicker side out. i would just have to cut the right lengths.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Correct, remember to cut the ends with the angle also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts