Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how many years or miles you guys ran with one pair or slides? I'm asking it as I change mine 2 years ago and they still need to be replaced! Of course, we did not have plenty of snow for the 2 past year... Maybe riding the sled without big amount of snow have causing it to wear.[?]

·
Registered
892 Posts
2 years is the max for me.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Lately I have been replacing them about every 2 years. I went a lot longer when I had the stock track, but the 1 1/4" eats them up a lot faster here in MN with our marginal conditions. Plus you gotta decide, as long as there is enough snow to keep it cooled. Whats more important, not riding or replacing carbides, slides, and minor repairs more often?

Lately with the winters we have, thats the way I've been seeing it.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Depends on how much snow they are ridden on. Large snow years I can barely wear them out. Low snow years and I can go through 2 sets.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Originally posted by STEVE650
[br]I was wondering how many years or miles you guys ran with one pair or slides? I'm asking it as I change mine 2 years ago and they still need to be replaced! Of course, we did not have plenty of snow for the 2 past year... Maybe riding the sled without big amount of snow have causing it to wear.[?]
Every time I change my track, regardless of mileage, but once every two years would be enough.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thanks guys, I was thinking they were suposed to last many years and my sled had issue! With all the reply, it seems to be normal. I will change them soon![:D]

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
I end up changing mine every year or two, usually around 800-900 miles because of lots of railroad crossings, highway crossings and lake riding

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I think it depends on how many miles you ride and what you ride on.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
i remember there were these buddys of my dad and he went riding wiht them in teh mtns a few times and one time they had to take an icy road and he melted his slides and had to keep going so they didn't melt to track and he was the only one all these aother guys had a special pair of slides they cost 400 bucks cdn and u can pretty much drive on dirt if u want to and not worry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts