Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 Xc 600 sp. I ordered V-force 3 reeds for it but want know if those boost bottles do anything. Anyone with some information, would be greatly apperciated.

Let It Snow!!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've heard that it improves the 700s more than the 600s. I haven't tried it but I do know that in drags alot of the improved stockers run them. I think all it does is equalized the pressure in the two carbs. Alot of guys just make them.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Got a buddy that has one on a 700. It helped the low end performance, but then he did the reeds and pipe and that is where the real gains start happening.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
How do you go about making one??

When hell freezes over, we'll ride there too.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The ones that I have seen were made out of aluminum. But I would guess that any thing you make a small chamber with two pipes going down into the carbs would work. I don't think that the volume of the chamber matters.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Thanks Codered, I might try making one out of thin rollable aluminium.

When hell freezes over, we'll ride there too.

·
Registered
777 Posts
500fast
just a word of caution the reason most bottles are plastic is because of there light weight, many people have had burn downs because off cracked carb boots where the bottle mounts due to vibration. just to add the general opinion is they do nothing for mikuni carbs,just older kiehins

1 - 7 of 7 Posts