Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 xc 700 with hotseat full exhaust and epi clutch kit. love the set up but was told to get one of these airbox modification there like 80 buck or something. wondering if it is going to be worth it or is another scam like a boost bottle?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Well worth it when its in?...sure, not worth talking to SLP about it. Told me my sled didnt even exist when I ordered mine. I bought one and did my own mod to make it work. The templet is for an edge air box so just lay it over your air box to give you an idea where the location is. I left the one shelf in my airbox so on a little warmer day I can take that shelf out and act like a different "jet size".

20081031155251734_19621.jpg

Im not to smart with computers so I dont know how to make a short cut but you can go to my topic on this.

Go to Forum-Snowmobile-Performance Tuning Shop-Engine type in the search "SLP Airhorn...still trying to get the jetting right."

Attachments

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
A boost bottle works great on those Keihin carbs, left the fuel screws stock and gained 2mpg. You can make one of those bigair horns work on the Gen II and it would be a mild improvement but expect more intake noise from removing the airbox shelf. Can do it without airhorn, jet down a size or two and watch your plugs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts