Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.startinglineproducts.com/catalog.cfm?pageID=detail&catalogID=3&catID=21&productID=371

looking through slp's site for stuff i might want to put on my sled and came across these and wondered if they were any good if anyone had tried using them. do they work or are the just gona screw me out of $70+ the idea behind it sounds good but idk if its been proven, i already have the slp boost bottle and it says the pack is best used along with the bottle

the question is have you used them, do you think they would work, or are they just a joke

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
NO JOKE!!!, They are the single best thing you can add to the keihin carbs to help throttle response and get over all efficiency and performance out of them, I have used them for years, the retail price is steep though and I would not pay retail for them, I picked mine up used off ebay for $25 or $30 bucks many years back, I am sure you will get replies from others that use them and it will be positive feedback from all, they help correct the fuel/air mixture at different throttle positions, so for trail riding they are a great addition and provide a noticeable improvement from out of the hole to WFO, I would suggest to go on the hunt for some used ones before taking that big of a hit and buying them new from SLP, even with a little ingenuity and fabrication you could make a set but you would need a authentic set to model off of, my reason for saying that is I have a set of home made power paks that came in a set of carbs I bought off ebay 4 or 5 years ago, they are a little on the crude side and not as precisely made as the SLP's but they seemed to work just as good as I had ran them in my wife's 99 700 XCSP for a few years and had no problems with them, both sets that I have are sitting on my bench right now as I don't use them for drag racing as they are not needed because the throttle is either off or ON, I will for sure be putting a set in the 97 700 SKS that I am picking up in the near future though, as for the boost bottle some say they are a must on the non valved big block 6 and 700's, well that is not always the case and they can be made to run without but you just have to have the patience to tune the keihins in correctly, I proved that with the 99 I have and don't run a boost bottle on it, its all in the jetting,needle type/clip position and air screw adjustment, but for me after playing with the keihins for 12 years now I guess you could say I have it down to a science and know how to get them working right.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks i shop around for osme used ones the cheapest i have found on ebay so far is 55 bucks, thought i found some for 15 bucks but that was just 1 set per carb, atleast i think it was, is there 2 per carb or just one insert

·
Registered
841 Posts
X2 on the comments from 98700xc..........I run them on my 98 and found they really helped on the throttle response.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
dodgetruck2 said:
ok thanks i shop around for osme used ones the cheapest i have found on ebay so far is 55 bucks, thought i found some for 15 bucks but that was just 1 set per carb, atleast i think it was, is there 2 per carb or just one insert
There are 4 piece's total, 2 plates per carb.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Check this out from a couple of weeks ago. Same question.
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/116055/display.aspx

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if you still go them i would interested but my sled budget is used up for this month ill have to wait until i sell some parts or next month rolls around

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I made my own last year. Worked very well.
For the $70, there's only about .0005 cents worth of metal.

If I had them, I'd show you, but the sled is gone.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dman said:

If I had them, I'd show you, but the sled is gone.
did you have a set to model off of or just start bend metal, to they need to be placed precisley or not?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Dman said:
They are pretty simple. Unless you have access to the material, tools, know how, a model to go by, and the time, getting similar performance may be a challenge. SLP also makes these for atvs and dirt bikes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts