Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was wondering if I should have my jugs bored and heads milled at slp. Or wil any macine shop be just as good if not better. The reason I am considering SLP is not just because there reputation (so my dad says) but mainly they are only 50 miles away. But I had them quote how much the job would be and it was $40 dollars a jug to be bored to 650 and $45 for head to be milled for that size. In my opinion isn't it the same job at local machine shop with a cheaper price. But let me here yours. Oh ya, when you bore to .60 oversize do you need bigger head gaskets. This is all for an 85 600 by the way.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Have you remembered that the pistons, pins, and bearings are going to cost a ton too. The head gaskets should be fine. just buy 650 gaskets. The sled shop might pay better attention to details like the transfer ports and they will know how to mill the heads better to acheive the proper squish for what ever pistons you go with. They sled shop will have jigs and fixtures made up to hold your parts to a better tolerence.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts