Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What' going on?
My buddy has been after me hard trying to get my SLP Ceramic coated pipe & can. He wants to trade his comet clutch, stock pipe & MBRP can (my old can actually) for my pipe/can, do you guys think it would be worth it assuming the clutch is in good condition. Ultimately I'll have to swap out parts & ride it for myself but I want to know what you guys think first. In case you don't know I have a '03 ('04 motor) Pro-X 700 136x2 & is stock with the exception of an single SLP pipe/can & VF3 reeds. All help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
I would suggest you keep exactly what you have. You have a very good and proven combination and have no idea what condition your friends clutch is in.
A SLP pipe and can always seems to work well, they have good customer support for jetting and clutching.
I don't see that you have anything to gain with this trade.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
you will have no gain in that trade. keep it the way you have it now!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was assuming that's how it would play out but wasn't sure because I've never had a clutch, clutch kits were as close as I came. I've been very hesitant about it anyway & I think subconsciously I was looking for this response but am up for other opinions, thanks.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
SLP makes a great single pipe/can combo, and if you clutch your sled and keep the motor in the sweet spot, you will be pleased. As for Comet clutches, didn't they go out of business last year?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I ditto what Erick said. I've tried the comet clutch on a xcr 600 sp, I'll just say it wasn't worth the time and effort.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts