Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What' going on?
My buddy has been after me hard trying to get my SLP Ceramic coated pipe & can. He wants to trade his comet clutch, stock pipe & MBRP can (my old can actually) for my pipe/can, do you guys think it would be worth it assuming the clutch is in good condition. Ultimately I'll have to swap out parts & ride it for myself but I want to know what you guys think first. In case you don't know I have a '03 ('04 motor) Pro-X 700 136x2 & is stock with the exception of an single SLP pipe/can & VF3 reeds. All help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

· Registered
11,988 Posts
I would suggest you keep exactly what you have. You have a very good and proven combination and have no idea what condition your friends clutch is in.
A SLP pipe and can always seems to work well, they have good customer support for jetting and clutching.
I don't see that you have anything to gain with this trade.

· Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was assuming that's how it would play out but wasn't sure because I've never had a clutch, clutch kits were as close as I came. I've been very hesitant about it anyway & I think subconsciously I was looking for this response but am up for other opinions, thanks.

· Registered
1,378 Posts
I ditto what Erick said. I've tried the comet clutch on a xcr 600 sp, I'll just say it wasn't worth the time and effort.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.