Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to locate a set of slp exhaust pipes for my 91 polaris 650 rxl. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
713 Posts
The rxl's need a chip in the efi box in order to make them work, from what I've gathered, AAEN, made the pipe and chip combo. Best bet is to find a set of those, and a chip. If not try calling AAEN, they might have some. I'm not sure if there are other companies out there but that's what I would go with.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
I can get new slp or aaen pipes. will have to check to see if slp still makes them.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Originally posted by 92rxl
[br]The rxl's need a chip in the efi box in order to make them work, from what I've gathered, AAEN, made the pipe and chip combo. Best bet is to find a set of those, and a chip. If not try calling AAEN, they might have some. I'm not sure if there are other companies out there but that's what I would go with.
All the big aftermarket companies made the pipe and chip combo it's just a matter of finding the chip.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
[/quote]

All the big aftermarket companies made the pipe and chip combo it's just a matter of finding the chip.
[/quote]

... and a matter of opening the wallet[:D][:0][B)]

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Originally posted by STEVE650
[br]
... and a matter of opening the wallet[:D][:0][B)]
Aaen sells their chip for $100.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Originally posted by madcow
[br]I can get new slp or aaen pipes. will have to check to see if slp still makes them.

SLP doesnt make them anymore. I contacted them when I was looking for a set for my 650. Your best bet would be ebay or post an add on snowmobile forums such as this one, snowest and hardcoresledder. I got mine from a guy on snowest.

SLPs were harder to find. I found 2-3 sets of Aaens. Aaen still also makes brand new ones.

·
Registered
360 Posts
i think ebay had a set of pipes around 200 $ or so i would take a look iam done with the efi on my rxl so iam getting carbs so much easier i think. nick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts