Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a set of SLP Powder Pro Skis and was wondering if any else runs them. My main question is which mounting holes does anyone recommend setting them to. Basically they are the mounting holes to mount the ski slightly ahead or slightly back. Anyone have experiance with either setting? (pros / cons)

Thanks

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
just my opinion but i would set them to the hole that is a little forward, because otherwise the front of the skis will tilt downward in the air.

·
Registered
318 Posts
The SLP mounts have three holes. To be safe, start in the middle. You can then adjust either way if you like. I left my SLP SLT skis in the middle holes because this seemed to work well.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
We run ours in the back holes!!!! Its a great Ski you will be really happy with it, I would say that it is probably the best out there!!

DW

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input.

As far as the skis tilting downward, that would not be an issue the way the mounts are set up.

As far as the number of mounting holes, there are only two on the set I have. Are we sure we're talking about the "Powder Pro" and not one of the other skis by SLP?

Does anyone have first hand experiance with handling characteristics between the different settings?

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I have the 2 hole pp setup on my 900. I put them in the rear holes last year. and the last 2 rides I decided to put them in the front holes. didnt seem to change anything so I left them in the rear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts