Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried this silencer from SLP through Polaris. I am thinking about getting it but I dont want something that is too loud but just sounds nice and gives a small HP gain...am also thinking about purchasing the EPI clutch kit to go with this mod.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
the silencer is made to shed weight...althought as staed above it will give you a nice rumble

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
We put one on a 600 Fusion. Didn't really notice a difference, but I didn't get a chance to hear it after a few miles. I did notice that it was a bit deeper. And you save some weight.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I bought my SLP used for my EDGE X. It's the Era 2000 silencer and it's really isn't any louder at idle but once you get into it it sounds awesome. As everybody else has said they don't add power if anything your loseing power but a very minimal number thats not noticeable. If you think about it, why would Polaris try to sell an aftermarket product if it could possibly hurt them or the sport. Mine really isn't a whole lot louder than stock, it just adds more of a deeper not whiny tone. Yours would be a Era 2007 silencer which is supposed to be quieter than previous models. I would say try it if you want to spend the money. They are in no means really loud. As for the clutch kit I think it would definately be worth the money. You will be surprised on performance increase. I would choose clutch kit over silencer if I were only to choose one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts