Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting new skis for the zr and i really like that they offer the camo patterns! Has anyone used them and what do you think? If not what do you recommend?
thanks
Farva

·
Super Moderator
11,677 Posts
I've talked to a few people who did not like them at all. At the same time, they were selling like hot cakes at Haydays this year. Either they work for most people, or they are "the cool factor" right now...hard to say.

I wouldn't mind trying a set, but until my C&A's don't meet my needs, I won't be.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Quinlan said:
I've talked to a few people who did not like them at all. At the same time, they were selling like hot cakes at Haydays this year. Either they work for most people, or they are "the cool factor" right now...hard to say.

I wouldn't mind trying a set, but until my C&A's don't meet my needs, I won't be.
I think its more of a fad than anything.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im thinking its a fad thing too! i just want a really aggressive ski! i want to go where i aim it!!!

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
I run some on my RMK and i really like them, they side hill like crazy, weigh next to nothing, dont dart too much, and work awesome in powder.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
My brother put a set of the Slydog race skis on his Supersport, which he was running Sno-Stuffs, and he loves them. I didn't get to ride his sled any though, so i haven't tried them.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I've had mine on my Firecat for a season now. Before I bought 'em I had C&A's. They are both a great ski. The only major difference is the looks. The C&A's seem to be more rugged because the slydogs are a lot thinner...but my slydogs are holding up great. My C&A'S cracked after a couple seasons. Slydogs are WELL worth the money. Definitely not a fad and definitely glad that I bought them.

·
Registered
266 Posts
bought mine last season and love them

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
This will be my third season on my Slydog camo race skis. Off trail they work well, but I have not been completely satisfied with their on-trail performance. I have 7.5" shapers but it seems to push quite a bit in corners, then it will suddenly grab. My friend has the slydog powderhounds on his 01 XC and it does the same thing. Maybe its just the edge chassis?

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I used Powderhounds on my Dragon for 2 seasons and loved them. Offtrail in deep snow they are the shiznitz and greatly helped sidehilling. Ontrail is another story though, they dart like crazy. I've gotten used to them but at first I was unsure. I liked them enough I bought another set for my Switchback Assault.[thumb]

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
motodeficient said:
This will be my third season on my Slydog camo race skis. Off trail they work well, but I have not been completely satisfied with their on-trail performance. I have 7.5" shapers but it seems to push quite a bit in corners, then it will suddenly grab. My friend has the slydog powderhounds on his 01 XC and it does the same thing. Maybe its just the edge chassis?
I only have a 4 inch carbide or so on mine and i have no problems with pushing into corners (other than my sled is a 151, and even at that its not bad). On my sled i just have to use the throttle and brake at the right times and lean into it, i also have my sway bar out.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Had some last year. I personally didn't like them. They darted a lot, on trail and I bent the tips of them pretty easy? Maybe i'm the only one that this has happened to, but I didn't like them. Just my opinion though

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Iowasledder said:
Had some last year. I personally didn't like them. They darted a lot, on trail and I bent the tips of them pretty easy? Maybe i'm the only one that this has happened to, but I didn't like them. Just my opinion though
I toed my out 1/4 of an inch, if they were toed in they would dart. Did that on my SRX and my RMK, worked great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts