Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finially i have got around to taking some pictures of my skidoo. THe pictures are not the best, as you can see the shop was very full. The skidoo is original minus the windsheild and the front bumper and it also has original toolkit. The nos sticker was my friends joke to put on it. Anyone know how much its worth or perhaps want to buy it. It is a 1972 only 200 made. I live in Saskatchewan, Canada. The skidoo is a 440 wide track. The gas tank is a weird one where the steering rod goes through the center of it. The company, Smith Roles, made welders under the name of comet, tools and rodweeders and other farm equipment. They wnet into the skidoo buisness because everyone else was. My skidoo came frome the son of a smith roles dealership. The item was then auctioned off to a neighbour who let it sit in his yard for years. Then my grandpa gave me a 79 340 trailfire so dad wanted to get a skiddo so he could skidoo with me. He then found this skidoo and brount it home. I put a new belt, sparkplugs, and recoil handle on it. The gas line got redone but the gas tank is still rusty and the gas runs out red. We have fiddled around with the carbeurator and finally got it running good. This thing is loud and slow. The top speed is 55mph which i guess is good for a sled of its time. It just can't keep up to my JD. Pics: [attachment=54581][attachment=54582][attachment=54583][attachment=54584][attachment=54585] [attachment=54586][attachment=54587][attachment=54588]

Attachments

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
wow that thing needs a new belt lol. the belt should be riding 1/16th to 1/8th inch ABOVE the sheeves on the secondary

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thanks for showing us these pics. Seems like the Smith Roles company thought they could do better then Bombardier in the sled business. I get such a kick out of old sleds. That is wild - side hood hinges, gas tank steering arrangement, and a YAMAHA motor.

I would trade your father my 1970 ski doo 640 electric NORDIC for the Smith Roles machine in these pics

Nordic runs great and has a nice original seat. hood needs a little tlc but all in all a nice old doo. Would keep running with the deeres I bet too LOL

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
About the belt.....that is a new one. the old one was curved in a c shape and the fibers were coming out. If i got a biggerbelt, would that give it more jam? About the sled, i'll think about that. Could you put some p[ictures up?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nah He Can Just Pull The Pin Out And Tighten The Secondary Spring Or His Bearings On His Primary Are Bad Either Way It Wont Bother It Much.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well i don't think that is the right belt for it either. No-one had a belt for it so i had to guess how wide the last one was. I am thinking now i should have got a wider one

1 - 7 of 7 Posts