Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 1995 xlt has 5800 miles on it.problem is it smokes alot..i have switched to 100% synthetic oil and it has reduced some what.carbs are factory settings still,would it be safe to adjust oil pump slightly ?? or get carbs leaned out a bit,??? it has always smoked since new . thank you scotty ,flin flon/manitoba .ca

·
Registered
83 Posts
Your best bet is to find out how the pump is supposed to be adjusted and start there . It is likely adjusted wrong .

·
Registered
975 Posts
My wifes XLT has smoked since day 1 as well but not too excessive. I went to the syn from Shell and it helped alot. Gets the best fuel milage of any sled I know.I'd go with Willson also and check the specs on the pump first. Sounds like it should be adjusted. Oh yea...........welcome to the forum. Mark

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Check your oil pump to make sure the mark on the arm of the pump lines up with mark on the pump body when at idle. If it does, it should also then line up with the other mark on the pump body when you open the throttle all the way. You'll need to remove your airbox and maybe one or two of your carbs to see, but definately to adjust it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts