Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep it's true... I pulled the airbox off of my 2000[;)] ZL500 to fog the motor and there it was.. a dead snake curled up on the right side.. It stunk quit badly.. Not sure when it got there but I assume it went about 600 miles across U.P. MI with me..[xx(]. I checked the compression and both sides are still at 130 and 131 psi so I think the engine is still safe.. It didn't look like the garden variety snake either.. I am not missing any pets so who knows... I am a little nervous about piston scoring though...

I think I will try mothballs next time..[;)]

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
A snake would go through that motor without any harm to the motor whatsoever. Any biodegradeable material doesn't do a whole lot to a motor. The only things that hurt motors are metal, plastic (melt into bearings n stuff), water (if enough goes through).

-Dean

·
Registered
10 Posts
Originally posted by ripperd2
[br]A snake would go through that motor without any harm to the motor whatsoever. Any biodegradeable material doesn't do a whole lot to a motor. The only things that hurt motors are metal, plastic (melt into bearings n stuff), water (if enough goes through).

-Dean
Oh christ, can't let my wife read this. She'd be stuffin' snakes down my airbox like it was a garbage disposal, she hates em' [:D]

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey sledfool4fun

Is that a ZL500 VIPER you're riding? [:D]
I'm sure that it did stink. [xx(]
Being that snakes are warm blooded and hibernate for the winter, it probably died from the extreme cold temperatures coupled with higher temperatures when you're out riding early in the winter. They normally crawl into more insulated spaces to survive the cold temperatures.

You'll certainly have one heck of a story to tell for years to come.

Jeff

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The truth is... The snake was still alive and jumped on me. Than after a half hour struggle I managed to kill it by strangling it with a spark plug wire. I then proceeded to skin it and now I have a new seat cover [:D][:D][:D][:D].

My wife doesn't believe me but I know everyone here will[:)].

·
Registered
957 Posts
Sorry trailblazer......Sanke are cold-blooded..... He was lookin for a warm spot to warm his blood....... But an airbox is kinda like a trap....

I guess that's a good sign it's spring!!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
waterboy, you found a mouse hiding in the belly of a cat????? bad hiding spot!!![:D]

·
Registered
117 Posts
Originally posted by HighSierra
[br]Sorry trailblazer......Sanke are cold-blooded..... He was lookin for a warm spot to warm his blood....... But an airbox is kinda like a trap....

Thanks HighSierra
I meant to say cold blooded. I asumed that the snake had crawled in there in the fall when it was looking for a spot to hibernate and got trapped in there.

Sledfool4fun.
Are you going to make a custom sled cover of the rest of his skin? LOL

Jeff

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here it is..Then new ZL500 VIPER... Special edition model.. I think they only made one and then dropped them because of the smell [:D]

/snofan/../images/users/sledfool4fun/newzlviper.jpg

·
Registered
324 Posts
Found a dead **** in the camper once. Not sure how he was able to get in.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
LOL...some of those animals find ways to get in u wouldnt believe, mice will crawl up wires that are vertical

1 - 20 of 20 Posts