Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You heard right....Sat. August 24th Greenville, MI sno-cross race on real snow!!! I'll be there with bells on. This has become quite a big event over the past few years. All Companies have factory reps there and usually have some pretty good deals on sleds/accessories. Anyways, by the time you guys read this they will probably be hauling the snow out of the ground and building the track. Anyone else gonna be there?

Oh yeah there is also gonna be grass drags and the slednecks stunt team is gonna be there too. Its a two day event that runs friday and saturday.

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
SWEET

u gotta take pictures. And make sure the date is on them

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well guys the snow has since melted and the results are in. Arctic Cat fire cats dominated all but the stock 800 class on the sno-x race, leaving that one for the Polaris Pro-X. The grass drags were dominated by Polaris except for the 700 triple class where the Yami Vipers were all that were left come final time. It was a sweet day at the race track. I got to see the new RX-1 and a cut-a-way version of the RX-1. Looks like alot of development went into the sled...but IMO i think yammi shoulda prolly waited 1 more year before releasing it....but we shall see how it performs this winter. But all in all the sled looks awesome, but im obviously not a believer in the 4-stroke engine till i see it. Hopefully it will do well, and all the people that sno-checked the sled will be very happy sled owners. I got to the the new REV by Ski-doo...all i can say is that sled is one awesome peice of technology PERIOD! The FireCat by A/C looks sweet as well, only thing i didnt like about it was the fact that it doesnt have a rear storage compartment in the seat...and the track kinda looks weird without the to outermost rear Idler wheels....but im sure there was a reason for them to not be installed. Polaris came to the market with the Pro-X chassis....and no guys, it isnt just the edge chassis re-vamped, it is an entirely new chassis built from the ground up. The factory rep went on to tell about everything that had been changed in the sled and basically from what i could figure is that the entire sled is new except for the hood/bellypan and the engine and ski's. I would like to applaud ALL Manufacturers for bringing some new technology to the market. Each has gone their own seperate ways instead of copying one another....Lets hear it for Arctic Cat, Polaris, Ski-Doo, and Yamaha!!!! Oh guys.....this might be something for ya'll to think about....i heard rumors that Honda might be making a scene in the snowmobile market....that should get your attention goin. Not sure if they might be supplying motors or building an entire sled, but what do ya'll think about the possibility of Honda supplying an awesome 4-stroker for say a Polaris sled? or maybe a ski-doo or a/c sled? Just something for you guys to think about
And heres a couple pics of the race, i know they are really poor quality but just to prove to you guys that there was a sno-cross race in august./snofan/../images/users/TriumphoverU/Img_0017.jpg
/snofan/../images/users/TriumphoverU/Img_0006.jpg
/snofan/../images/users/TriumphoverU/Img_0001.jpg

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
that is F*ck*d up...lol.....cool tho, snow looks alil dirty, big names there?? just wereing motox stuff or what?

When's Winter Coming Back?​

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
That's sweet! August snocross

I wish I had been there...

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
That's better, now we can see something.
Where did they get the snow, or is that dirt??
/snofan/../images/users/500fasEnuf/snox.jpg

Live to ride, ride to live.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's how it works....this place has a giant hole they dig in the ground and come winter time when everyone needs a place to dump their snow after they plow parking lots and such, they haul it here to this place, Once they get the hole filled, they cover the snow with woodchips and tarps etc. The snow lasts until august mostly due to the enormos quantity of what they save. The snow you see is mostly brown, it didnt take long in the 90 + degree heat and breif rain to melt most of it. if you look to the right side of the picture you will see some white snow left. Mostly the snow was just there to keep the engines in the sleds cool.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
LOL....that's great! Pretty soon we'll have to rename the term "snowmobile" to all-terrain-mobile.....LOL. I mean think about it;.... it seems like snowmobile racing has spread to all forms of terrain; whether it be on: snow, ice, grass, water, or asphalt....they have become more versatile than one would imagine. It's becoming just as popular in the summer as in the winter and that's great for the sport! I've even heard of people modifying their sleds to accomodate them for jumping sand hills like in the desert. What's next? Hmm, what if we start up a sno-cross event on water...?! We know they are capable of turning in the water, plus lately some events have added jumps in the water to fly off of...........so why not mix it all up and start a snocross on water? HEHE... I gotta stop dreamin'.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
You might be on to something there. If they made skis with some little roller blade wheels imbedded in them and solved the problem with sliders melting we could be riding around all year long.

·
Registered
134 Posts
thats sweet shit...wish i cold have my sled out now LET IT SNOW!!!!!

Duct tape the only real solution

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by TriumphoverU:
i heard rumors that Honda might be making a scene in the snowmobile market....that should get your attention goin. [/quote]

I would be the first in line to buy that puppy! Drool!

Hi, my name is Ryan and I'm a stressaholic!

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I thought i read in a recent snowmobile magazine that Honda IS building some sort of snow machine. My guess is that it would almost certainly be some type of 4-stroker. I'd definitely be interested.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts