Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How could I get started in Sno-Cross Racing?

Does anybody know?

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Money....some more money...alot more money...and money in reserve.

ND doesn't have many snox races. There are alot in MN and WI I have heard though. Lots of time and money...Find someone with deep pockets to support you.

·
Registered
237 Posts
And you will need to have a snow cross sled because they wont let you run your sks. Acg got it exactly right lots and lots of money!

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Gotta be good to get sponsers...most real racers have sponsers. No other way to afford it.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
sponsers and balls. get sponsers more the marrier youll need about $7,000 for a sled ( then you have to build the sled to your elevation and all that sh!t) and then you have to fix what ever the company broke on the sled look at this topic.

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=55637

plus most places have an entrance fee wich is acoupel hundred bucks alot of the time. i wanted to race sno cross last witner i started to resurched and im not gonna race.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll probabily try it in a year or two. Will have to get rid of the SKS and probabily get a 2005 2006 Polaris IQ 440.

How do you get sponsored?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
you should find whatever racing organization is nearest to you and find out what is required. you don't need sponsors to just get out there and try it. you don't need a ton of money to just get out there and try it. in the rock maple region that i'm going to be starting this year they have a "trail" class and it costs i think $45 dollars for the day to just get out there with your sled and try it. the sled has to be within guidelines, but you don't need a $7,000 snocross sled, or sponsors or anything other than a sled that fits the rules a helmet and a tekvest.

i bought a used 440 race sled for $3200, joined rock maple for $80 whatever it was and i'm going to give it a try this year, low budget style.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
its expense, and you gotta be good. riding a sled on the trails is alot diff then racing. i have a freind who races for rock maple racing here in cny. i have got the chance to ride on some tracks and race sleds. its fun and if u think u will enjoy putting alot of TIME and MONEY in, give it a try. the rewards of winning and such can be amazing.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Originally posted by Customized89Trail
[br]you should find whatever racing organization is nearest to you and find out what is required. you don't need sponsors to just get out there and try it. you don't need a ton of money to just get out there and try it. in the rock maple region that i'm going to be starting this year they have a "trail" class and it costs i think $45 dollars for the day to just get out there with your sled and try it. the sled has to be within guidelines, but you don't need a $7,000 snocross sled, or sponsors or anything other than a sled that fits the rules a helmet and a tekvest.

i bought a used 440 race sled for $3200, joined rock maple for $80 whatever it was and i'm going to give it a try this year, low budget style.
Ha, thats the same way im rolling this year. Same sled, running pump gas, Im not going to spend any money any any cosmetic crap just stuff that'll make it run. I figure it'll cost me about $1000 dollars this season in gear, gas, and entry fee's. That's if i make it to all the races in my area. Im trying to save and buy a quad this spring and race it too.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
cool. like i said, there's no need for someone to spend a ton just to get out there and try it. i'm not running the Trail class, just mentioned it's available at the rock maple races. i'm running sport class. but the "information" that it costs a ton to get into it is just wrong.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Customized is right about the money.RMR has a stock trail class.They also had an open class(still might).As long as you had a tether,kill switch and studs in correct pattern you could race.The sport class is only 35 a class to run and a used race sled is all you need to go out and have fun.The money starts adding up if you get serious about competing.But trail riding isn't cheap either.Put some add-ons to your sled,gas ,lodging,trailer etc.It all adds up.They are both a hobby,trail riding or racing,they both cost money.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
^^^ very true both are hobbies... but most people don't have to spend an arm and a leg to go ride the trails unlike trying torace with the big dogs every weekend. they havesome little local circuts around here where brign in any size sled must have a tether and go race anyone who is there i think im gonan try that for a whils this year i think it was $20 per person per day.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
lets just hope u got some good money in your pocket. U need a pit crew and stuff like that. UR SKS would not quialify for the engine size. You need some balls too and if u don't you can rent em lol[:p]

But honestly my friend races he has burned over thousands of dollars. I mean u would need at leas 4 grand minimun for gear and sleds and all teh crud you will wreck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.