Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read a post on here some time ago about asking who liked the F series sleds and that got me wondering if arctic cat doesn't make the fire cats anymore, what do they have for sno cross sleds now ??

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
they didnt make a new snocross sled for this year and i think they got rid of the firecat because they ahd that chassis for a few years now and are deciding to get some new stuff out on the snow.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
arent those called zr's

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Everyone is kinda right and kinda wrong.

They call them ZR440 sno-pro's.

But:

They are not very close to the F-cat chassis (look at the steering post location for a big clue)
They don't even resemble a ZR line sled
They are the real sno-pro. The sno-pro package that you can get on an F7 is just upgraded shocks and stickers.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
The Sleds are zr sno pro's in 02 &03 they were almost the exact same chassis as the firecat but have different shocks up front and a crosslink rear skid in back with bigger shocks than the firecat.Also in 02 the brake was located under the tunnel,in 03 its in the same place as the firecat. In 04 they changed it, new tunnel, steering colum moved way up,new seat, cut the back half of the belly pans and hood for a more rider forward position,slide arm rear skid etc.! This year its basically the same as last years! Points Champion sled in sno-x in Pro stock & Pro open last year and tucker will put us there again this year!!!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
ok i thought that same

·
Registered
276 Posts
AC's race sleds resemble their crossfire and M series machines. They look pretty good in comparison to the new F-series. Shouldn't have changed it.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
from what i understand ac race sled is the smae as last year. becuase they are making a new one for 08 with the 600 race motor, becuase the 440 is done. at least thats what my dealer told me.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
They are making and have this year a 600 but i havent heard that the 440 is gettin dropped?? Any one else heard this? They have to have a 600 class so the 4stoke yammis can race too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts