Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i'm looking at extending my snow flap, although i have no clue what to use.. what have you guys used, and where could i get it?
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I have seen some made out of semi mudflaps, and also out of combine belting, both look pretty cool when done, and you can make them as long as you want.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dtmmil said:
I have seen some made out of semi mudflaps, and also out of combine belting, both look pretty cool when done, and you can make them as long as you want.
what do you mean by "combine belting"? and how would i go by making one?

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Belting for a combine, or a hay baler. I have a macs hardware near me that handles all kinds of odds and ends stuff, and they handle stuff like that. Not sure what you have near you, you may be better off looking for a semi dealer/shop and checking on a mudflap. then just cut to fit and rivet it on.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok. ill see, my buddy might have another snow flap i could buy off him, cut it apart to the desired length and rivet it on to my skidoo snow flap.
any more ideas would be cool also

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/raysxc700/sled2/DSCF2246.jpg
this one was made from some of the belting I mentioned, I am thinking about making one like this myself. My wife says my sled kicks up a lot of stuff when she is riding behind me, my flap now seems to be off the ground a little bit when I am on it.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
or does anybody on this site have a flap like the one in the link they are willing to sell to me?
http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLargeImage?AdId=188128449

·
Registered
278 Posts
If you have reverse on your sled be careful on how long you make your flap or you will always be backing over it!

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
It's easy to make a sno-flap, just get a mudflap from a semi and cut it to fit. My buddy kept breaking them off trail on his sled so we made him one it worked great!

·
Registered
6 Posts
mxz440kid said:
hey guys, i'm looking at extending my snow flap, although i have no clue what to use.. what have you guys used, and where could i get it?
Thanks!
hey man i just extended my snow flap on my sled and i use a old big truck mud flap because it is think and strong

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TRICKPaint said:
Get a hold of jonnyskidoo(member here) at sled-x.com...

http://www.sled-x.com/shop/index.php
i'm liking the looks of the 440x snow flap.
might have to pick one up.
thanks for the link!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
here is what i did. let me know what you think
(and i know, the risers aren't paralell)

201034161419481_23909.jpg

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks man! a few of my friends like it and a few of them don't like it so..
but me personally, i love it haha
i was gunna attach it at the top, but i fugured it could just add on to the other flap at the bottom, turned out pretty cool i think

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Looks good.

If you want though: 520000424 - $46 for a race flap.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sledcrusher said:
Looks good.

If you want though: 520000424 - $46 for a race flap.
this one will do for now, maybe i'll look into when i a bit have a bit more chedda

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I picked up a semi truck mudflap the other day at my local shop for $7.50, I can cut it to fit, its 24" x 30" long, and nice and floppy.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
I just cut 4 inches off of my snow flap. I can send you that if you want?

Why exactly do you want a longer flap?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts