Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one ever seen any of these on the trails? they look really fun to ride but yet they also look sorta usless.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
This year is the first year that i've ridden one. I actually thought they were useless just as you do. The one I drove was a 600 and it was badass to say the least. At first I was kind of freaked out, but it's sort of like a bike and jet-ski on snow. I was dumbfounded when I saw my buddy(the owner) riding in powder uphill that no one else could with a sled. It just did'nt make sense, one ski and a narrow track not getting stuck in what something with two skis and a wider track would get stuck in?? I rode it in the powder myself and unless you held it close to wide open it would want to tip thus making you use your legs to keep yourself up. It took awhile to get used to and after riding it in powder my legs were bruised and battered from the metal pegs..they don't have running boards so you tend to forget that you have short pegs instead of the long running boards to throw your feet on. They got a lot of power too...I definitely would'nt mind buying one if I got it for a good price.

Here's a snohawk vid to checkout if you have not seen one in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kQIeqhihc0

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Talked to a guy last year who rode one, he said it would take a noob about an hour to get the feel for it for the initial ride. He was blazing the trails with it and climbing chutes sleds couldnt fit up, pretty cool to watch.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
srx_600 said:
Talked to a guy last year who rode one, [highlight=limegreen]he said it would take a noob about an hour to get the feel for it for the initial ride[/highlight=limegreen]. He was blazing the trails with it and climbing chutes sleds couldnt fit up, pretty cool to watch.
Sounds about right.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Yeah it would be awsome to have one. too bad like there 6 grand plus

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
They're very expensive and not something you'd want to ride for a whole day from what I heard. If you ever get one let us know so we can pass it around though LOL! They would be a blast IMO, especially on a track

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
440_jag said:
Yeah it would be awsome to have one. too bad like there 6 grand plus
Im not too sure if they still make them. The latest model i've seen was an 2006 or 2005. I see quite a few on craigslist that go for 4k with very few miles.
sledneck1978 said:
They're very expensive and not something you'd want to ride for a whole day from what I heard. If you ever get one let us know so we can pass it around though LOL! They would be a blast IMO, especially on a track
You could go a whole day with one easily...just probably not several days at a time. haha!

·
Registered
863 Posts
will_5 said:
This year is the first year that i've ridden one. I actually thought they were useless just as you do. The one I drove was a 600 and it was badass to say the least. At first I was kind of freaked out, but it's sort of like a bike and jet-ski on snow. I was dumbfounded when I saw my buddy(the owner) riding in powder uphill that no one else could with a sled. It just did'nt make sense, one ski and a narrow track not getting stuck in what something with two skis and a wider track would get stuck in?? I rode it in the powder myself and unless you held it close to wide open it would want to tip thus making you use your legs to keep yourself up. It took awhile to get used to and after riding it in powder my legs were bruised and battered from the metal pegs..they don't have running boards so you tend to forget that you have short pegs instead of the long running boards to throw your feet on. They got a lot of power too...I definitely would'nt mind buying one if I got it for a good price.

i have seen these before, never even thought about buying one, mainly because i can't afford one.

at 0:35 i thought he was gunna get it back up while sliding down the hill!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
mxz440kid said:
will_5 said:

i have seen these before, never even thought about buying one, mainly because i can't afford one.

[highlight=yellow]at 0:35 i thought he was gunna get it back up while sliding down the hill![/highlight=yellow]
That's EXACTLY what I thought..haha. It was possible.

·
Registered
567 Posts
ya there pretty cool rode in utah theyere way to privy for me brand new they were like 13 grand i think but well worth the cash if you can afford it

·
Registered
104 Posts
i would love to get one of those snow bike kits for my crf, but man for that price you can get a pretty sick sled lol. and ya i would love to try one of those snow hawks they look like a good time

1 - 13 of 13 Posts