Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 99 sno pro had the gears replaced (has 19/40) factory was 20/39. Sled is a little boggy out of the corners? I set belt deflextion, cleaned power valves and carbs. Has D&D trail kit installed. I was wondering how much difference this gear setup may be having on "out of the corner" performance.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Little off topic here but i was just wondering, have u ever had a problem with your power valves breaking on you on your 99 sno-pro.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is my first sno pro. I've normally held to the consumer models in 600cc class. I have plans of running this 440 to see how I like it for quickness and trail manners. I bought the sled with the possibility of dropping a 600 or 800 APV motor into it for a project at some point. So far, I'm noticing that the skis are off the ground most of the time I'm in the throttle, so I think this is a strong 440, but I'm just trying to get beyond the slight hesitation right when I punch it from a dead stop and/or coming out of the corner. The seller told me they regeared it for a bit longer lake legs, which probably explains my situation, but when I count the teeth and checked with the dealer, I find they downsized the top sprocket 1 tooth, while increasing the bottom 1 tooth. I'm wondering how much difference this really made vs stock, and whether it has anything to do with my hesitation problem. Also, the engagement is a good 500 rpm lower than what D&D says it should be (seller gave me the paperwork from the clutch kit he had purchased for the machine). They had the deflection set off, and I corrected that, cleaned the valves since I know this sled is touchy on that, and that's where I am today. I'm also wondering if I can shim the primary spring to bring the engagement up? I'll call D&D if needed. Just looking for opinions from any tuners out there.

·
Registered
100 Posts
ok, i was just wondering cuz i have a 99 sno-pro 440 and weve had lots of problems with the exhaust valve stems breaking off then the exhaust valve sliding into the piston then doing some damage so we just cut thread into the top of the exhaust valve then with a but we just hold them in the open position then upped the clutch engagement to 6100 cause at the RPM there wide open already. Wut does yur engage at? Wut is the top RPM on it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts