Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any special trick to installing a sno-stuff rumble pack or do you just take the stock out and put the new one im

·
Registered
848 Posts
Pretty straight forward. The hardest part, and essentially the only part, of install is taking the springs off without breaking them.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Yeah, be careful with the springs, also, you might wanna put high-temp heat tape around the exhaust exit hole as it might melt if the after market can gets close enough to it(its always a good idea to do it even if its not close). Also, make sure you seal up all the joints correctly, that will help your sound and also your performance to some extent(high temp silicone works pretty good).

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Don't worry about taping or anything. I highly doubt you'll break a spring either. You might slip and skin your hand without a spring tool. If you don't have one a shoelace works just as good. Just wrap it around a couple fingers on each hand, then loop the middle around the spring hook you are removing. A big screwdriver works pretty good for replacing.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
There's a metal plate that should come with it to rivet on the existing exit hole. The rumble pack is slightly smaller. It's real easy. Then just springs.

·
Registered
848 Posts
That's what i used, but good point by sledneck1978, wear gloves of something.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Rumble Packs don't make a tight fit against a stock Polaris pipe (not sure about other brands), you will probably need the high temp silicone to make the seal and prevent exhaust leak at the connection there. I had to do that to my sled today.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
Rumble Packs don't make a tight fit against a stock Polaris pipe (not sure about other brands), you will probably need the high temp silicone to make the seal and prevent exhaust leak at the connection there. I had to do that to my sled today.
Are you guys ordering the right pipes? I've had a couple rumble packs (on my pro-x and fusion) and never had a problem. You can always lightly tap the flange with a hammer if you're worried too I guess.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Dragon700 said:
For springs get a die-grinder and take a chunk out of a big flat head screw driver, it works amazing. Like this:
2010917211237140_29105.jpg

2010917211232500_29105.jpg
Yeah, i've heard that works great...haven't tried it myself though.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
sledneck1978 said:
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
Are you guys ordering the right pipes? I've had a couple rumble packs (on my pro-x and fusion) and never had a problem. You can always lightly tap the flange with a hammer if you're worried too I guess.
I've heard of a handful of occasions where the seal isn't 100%. I have a stock pipe, the fit wasn't perfect. Exhaust fumes were spitting out and getting inside my hood. But I forgot to check if the silicone fixed the problem...

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
sledneck1978 said:
Polaris_Parts_MN said:
I've heard of a handful of occasions where the seal isn't 100%. I have a stock pipe, the fit wasn't perfect. Exhaust fumes were spitting out and getting inside my hood. But I forgot to check if the silicone fixed the problem...
My brand new MBRP can doesn't have a perfect seal. I sealed it

·
Registered
110 Posts
I replaced the exhaust "doughnut" when I put my rumble pack on mine...vice grips for the spings makes things a whooole lot easier!!!

No need for silicone...word of waring...they make more noise than HP..still would not swap mine ot, just saying. Sound is awesome!! But then I do run Rienhardt true duals on my Road Glide...I like the noise I guess?!?

Burch

warning I mean!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts